It’s Saturday and you’re surrounded by magazines, a cork board, scissors and scraps. Sounds like the perfect Saturday night, right? Well, for me it most certainly was. I’ve been on a mission to create an ‘adult’ looking vision board to hang in my room. I’m made them on poster board. I have even made a vision book sectioned off with all parts of my life, but I haven’t made one that I really enjoyed looking at.
So I decided today that this was going to be the day. I had just finished reading a book where the author talked about her vision board and how everything just started to happen. Now, I could totally relate because I’ve looked back at some of mine and things had really happened. And it wasn’t until after did I realize it. With a new month and a new season upon us, today couldn’t have been a better day to choose.
I headed off to Hobby Lobby (one of my new favorite stores) in search of this perfect ‘adult’ cork board. Now of course being the Virgo that I am, I have this vision of what I want it to look like and I get very agitated if I can’t find. I circled the store twice and it wasn’t until I went down an aisle I had somehow completely skipped. And there it was; the only one left. Plus it was 50% off!!!! Can we say score!?!?
Once I came home (after having a fabulous dinner with my ‘rents and of course a great heart to heart about where my life is heading~ that’s another post) I grabbed all of my magazines and started flipping through the pages. If you’ve never done one before here are some pointers:
1. Grab any and all magazines that you have.
2. Think about what you want to be the focus on your vision board. For me my soul purpose was really for a new job and love.
3. Cut out key words or phrases that really strike you. I looked for words that really represented me.
4. Organize your phrases and pictures on your board. In the top corner of my board I designated it for my new future job. The bottom left I found some words for places I want to travel to and picture of 3 girls. It represent me and my two girlfriends that usually travel together each year. The top right I devoted to my health and well-being. And the bottom right is for relationships.
5. Last, type up a list of goals you know you can truly stick to for the month. This month I’m focusing on changing my blog into an actually business for me. I am devoting my workout regimen to a new program that I can’t wait to try (I will also be posting about this-stay tuned). The third is making me hold myself accountable to writing and lastly, I want to revamp my closet again. I did this in December of 2012 when I completely transformed my closet (Out with the Old) but you should always stay on top of things. I’m starting to feel cluttered and I know it needs to be done again.
Once your board is complete, make sure you find a place where you can see this day in and day out. This is something that you need to be excited to see and want to put out into the universe that you’re ready for any of these things to happen. I know I am!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! I love guiding people and helping them create their visions into reality.
Happy vision boarding!