It’s that time again. Every summer I get to the month of June and I realize I need to kick my own butt into gear. One of the best and ‘free’ ways I do this is with my plank challenge. I switched it up this year with the timeline.
I divided this challenge into weeks and day 1 can start on any day that you decide to begin. This is so someone doesn’t have to feel that since they missed June 1, they can’t do a challenge. Any day is day 1, as long as you begin. I’ve also included the times you should try and aim for; but remember, start out with what you can do the first day. Then increase it little by little each day. Each week also has a rest day (woohoo).
- Drink plenty of water (you should be doing this on the regular, but more so when you are working out)
- Do a plank that is comfortable for you (Forearm plank, Straight Arm plank, Side plank, etc)
- Try and do your plank at the same time each day (I do this so it becomes almost habit. Either in the morning or before I go to bed).
- Turn your stopwatch or phone over. This way you’re not perseverating on watching the time.
- Play music!!!! I literally pick a song (I’ve been using the same one for years now when planking) and use it through out the whole month. Eventually you will get through the whole song and then some. [I love “Tamborine” by Eve]
- Keep going!!! It’s going to burn like hell, but keep going. Push yourself until you cannot hold it any longer.
- Believe in yourself!!! You can do anything you set your mind to.
Download the pdf version here Summer Plank Challenge .
Do you accept this challenge?