Thanks to Seashells + Sparkles for the inspiration for today’s post. Every month I like to set goals for myself and if I write them down I’m more apt to fulfill them. To me, each month feels like a fresh start or new beginning. A chance to makes things right that maybe you weren’t able to do the month before. I usually focus on fitness goals as well as personal/relationship goals.
With summertime here, there’s no better season to make some fun goals while we’re at it. Life doesn’t always have to be all ‘business’ 😉
1. Complete 30 Day Wall Sit Challenge
2. Read and finish 2 books
3. See some fireworks
4. Travel and see some place new
5. Organize my home
1. Last month I completed the 30 Day Plank Challenge and reached my goal of 5:00 min. This month I am determined to do it with the 30 Day Wall Sit Challenge. It’s important to keep yourself fit and healthy at the same time. I love motivating people and also being held accountable. This Facebook group that I created is definitely doing it for me and for each other.
2. I love to read. Magazines, blogs/websites, books, etc. You name it, I like to read it. During the school year (being a teacher) it’s a little more difficult for me to sit down and read for enjoyment. So the summertime is the perfect time to catch up on all the books I want to read. Hopefully this month I will read 2. If I can read more, that’s even better 🙂
3. Ahhh fireworks. What can I say? I LOVE them. Since the 4th of July is this weekend, I have them on my list and I will make it a must to see them. There’s just something about seeing beautiful colors in the night sky.
4. There’s nothing better than a long weekend trip. I love to travel and the summertime is a great time to do just that. So far on my list I’m going to NYC mid-July for a blogging event that I’m super excited about; and while I’m there I hope to see Central Park. Of all the times I have been in my entire life (which is a lot!) I have never seen or been to Central Park. So that is a must when I go.
Something else I would like to do this month is take a drive to the Cape, or maybe Martha’s Vineyard and go to Newport (which I always do). But something I’ve never done in my own home state is the Cliff Walk.
5. Mi Casa. Well, the past week and a half I feel like I’m just cleaning and purging, especially in my spare/guest room. I’m ready to get rid of old and welcome new. Clothes, furniture, items, etc. You name it, I’m selling it or donating it. It’s such a great feeling to organize a space you live in. Once I feel like that guest room is ready and organized, I can tackle the rest of my house. Remember, one space at a time.
What are some goals you would like to make this month???