Thank you so much Nanny from, Blooming Blog, for nominating me to win the Liebster Award! I’m very excited!
The Liebster Award is a bloggers award that is designed to help small blogs grow.
Here are the rules:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominates you.
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominates you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know they’ve been nominated!!
The 11 questions that Nanny has asked me are:
1) If you could receive your favorite flowers for Valentine’s Day, what would they be?
I would love to get pink gerber daisies. They are my favorite. ( I may just buy myself some since Cupid has missed a couple of times lately!)
2) What’s your favorite recipe you’ve tried in the past month? (and are you willing to share)
Since I’ve been eating clean, every thing I cook with has just EVOO, garlic and spices. That’s about it. But I do have a delicious Chocolate Mug Cake recipe that is De-lish!!!
3) What book is sitting on your coffee table right now?
Right now I have Gillian Flynn’s Sharp Objects half read. I really liked it when I started it, but unfortunately the holidays and life have gotten in the way. Next week is vacation and I am determined to restart and finish it. (Along with Tony Horton’s new money book that I got for Christmas)
4) Beach or Mountains? Why and where’s your favorite?
There isn’t even an option for me!!! Beach all the way. I am a Rhode Islander and I LOVE our beaches. I have seen some beautiful beaches in my day- Hawaii, Bermuda, Mexico, Caribbean- but nothing beats coming home to beaches just 25 minutes away.
5) If you could invite anyone to a dinner, who would it be?
Ooooh…good question. There are a few celebrities I would love to invite (Reese, Jen or even miss T-Swift;she does live in the same state as me sometimes) but I’m going to go with my friend, Mandy Hale, aka The Single Woman. I had the pleasure of meeting and having pizza with her in NYC last March during her book tour. It was one of the best days I have ever had. It’s incredible when you finally meet someone you completely look up to and then meet them. It’s a great feeling. I would love to have dinner with her again.
6) What’s your favorite cocktail?
Lately my favorite cocktail is Prosecco. Like who am I?! I like to drink my champs like Heather Dubrow (RHOBH) 😉 However, I do enjoy Ciroc cherry flavored vodka with Diet Coke. It tastes just like a cherry coke.
7) Who is your favorite jewelry designer?
I’m a classic girl. I love Tiffany’s, Henri Bendel (my ring is my favorite accessory), and anything that sparkles. I love Swarovski for that reason or my Touchstone Crystal pieces.
8) Who or what inspired you to blog?
Originally my blog was inspired by being selected by Glamour Magazine as 1 of 200+ women to represent their home state. However, over the last four years, my blog has completely transformed into what I want it to now be (still a work in progress though). Writing about life is a major portion of it. I love fashion tips, beauty products, health/fitness and getting personal. I like letting people into my world. Everyone who is in my life inspires me to write.
9) What’s your favorite saying and why?
“Seriously?!” ~ I have no idea why it’s my favorite but it’s definitely my most used throughout the whole entire day. I think because I deal with adolescents on a daily basis, it’s my way of looking at them and saying what I want to say without really saying it to them. haha
10) What was the weirdest job you ever had?
Hmmm….I would have to say inputting driver’s orders for a local potato chip company. Weird only because I was 15/16. It was a family owned business and I knew them, so that wasn’t the weird part, but most of my friends didn’t have a job like that. Some weren’t working or they had a job at a local restaurant or drugstore.
11) If failure wasn’t an option, what would you want to achieve?
If failure wasn’t an option, I would want to become a full time writer.
And the winners are~
1. Heather Kraus ~ Kraus House Mom
2. Andrea Newman ~ Forked
3. Jackie Hennessey~ Venting Sessions
4. Joy Adamonis~ My Sensational Kid & Me
5. Erica DiManna~ Love the Leap
6. Lauren Giammarco Silveira~ Orgnanized for Life
7. Victoria Lyn ~ The Style Guru
8. Toyin Omisore~ The Hair Daily
9. Sabrina Jenkins~ Home Sweet Mama Mia
10. Mandi Hudson~ Darn Good Lemonade
My 11 questions for my nominees are:
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
2. What is your favorite thing to cook?
3. If you were given a day off to do whatever you wanted to do, what would it be?
4. Who or what inspired you to start your blog?
5. What was the best job (as in most fun) you have ever had?
6. What is your “guilty pleasure” you like to watch on TV? (I’m not going to lie, I love my Real Housewives-OC and BH)
7. Are you a summer or winter girl?
8. What’s the last book you have read?
9. If you could have any job for a day, what would you do?
10. What is one of your favorite quotes and why?
11. If failure wasn’t an option, what would you want to achieve?