Day 1 in the October Daily Challenge is to tell at least 5 reasons why I blog. At first I thought to myself, “Do I even have 5 reasons?” But once I got writing, they came alot easier than I thought.
Here are my 5 Reasons:
1. I love to write. My whole life has been journals, creating children’s books and just simply getting thoughts or ideas onto paper. I’m that girl who will write a letter to a boyfriend about how she feels about him just because. I’m that girl who will keep a journal to keep sane (plus Oprah always talked about how it was good to do this. haha) and I love creating vision boards. By blogging, it has allowed me to get all of my creativity that I used to keep for just my eyes, to share with the rest of the world (most things 😉 ).
2. Creativity. Blogging gives me an opportunity to be as creative as I want to be. Especially with challenges it allows me to think outside the box and show the world my ideas and inspirations.
3. Peace of mind. If and when you’re a writer, it is your outlet. Everytime I write something, whether it be a deep thought, a funny story about something that I saw or a fashion/beauty post, it always gives me a peace of mind.
4. Experiences. I cannot even begin to explain the experiences and opportunities I have had since I started my blog. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. And 2 1/2 years ago it all changed for me and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
5. Glamour. In 2011, I was chosen by Glamour Magazine to be Rhode Island’s very own Glambassador. And one of the things the would have liked for us to have had, was a blog. Back then I always thought about having a blog but never followed through with it. Once I was chosen, it kind of gave me that kick in the butt to get it started and I couldn’t be more grateful. Having to start this blog to review beauty products and post my challenges, created a whole new life for me. It’s so crazy to see how my blog has literally evolved and became what it is today. My dream is for all of this to turn into a book someday (yes, very Carrie Bradshaw) but I truly believe with the help of publishers, I can make this dream come true some day.
What are the some of the reasons you blog?